I'd second David's comment.

UniVerse in PICK flavour is a closer fit to D3, though some of the issues
around casing for files may still bite you  (at least UniVerse Basic has
always been keyword case insensitive).

PROCs and paragraphs should come across fine, remember that paragraphs are
PH not H types. Your dictionaries will generally work, but there is no *An
equivalent or B correlatives. If you want to call a subroutine from a
dictionary you need to use a SUBR() function in an I type.

You are better off converting dictionaries to D and I types anyway, they
work better with most of the advanced features (e.g. SQL and XML) and there
is a conversion program hidden in the APP.PROGS file from what I recall.

If you're using flashbasic with % calls, they will need to parsed out and
replaced with equivalent functions, and the spooler is quite different.
UniVerse supports some of the SP.. commands but frankly you're better off
writing your own versions to map to the native SETPTR equivalents. Obviously
any device control, terminal and printer settings, anything looking at
system files and so forth will be the usual pain to convert.

It all depends how vanilla the code is that you will be migrating.

Brian