I'm thinking that it's got to be a bug SOMEWHERE if Universe Unix and
Universe Windows behave differently.  Sounds like a case for Rocket!
Doug said...
We noticed a problem with locks being left when we delete our temporary
programs using UniObjects for Java on the new code we are using for
XLr8Editor continuous compile.  We used the standard
setDefaultReleaseStrategy().  This should release the record when it was
written or deleted, but some of our users found they were not being
released.  We are using the current version of UOJ and this happens in
Unidata Windows, Universe Unix and not Universe Windows.

We have since coded around the problem, of course.  However, my question is
this:  Are we looking a bug or do we not understand the strategy?