On 19/04/11 20:34, u2list0...@curt.com wrote:
> Having read and seen what people have said I understand now.
> My apologies to the group.
> I had no idea our actual email addresses showed up on Google searches.
> No wonder this happened.

Yet another common technique is - if a machine is hijacked, the spam
engine will send mail to most addresses in the address book, claiming to
be from yet another address in the book.

I run thunderbird. If my machine got hijacked, the spam engine could
find your u2 address in my address book, and send a load of mail
claiming to be from you. Not that likely, actually, to result in what
you describe but the law of averages says its bound to happen on occasion.

Cheers,
Wol