From: John Thompson <jthompson...@gmail.com>
To: U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Fri, May 6, 2011 11:46 am
Subject: Re: [U2] Error 4 22 from PHP exec of uv on AIX

Thanks for all of your replies.
Thanks to Bob Woodward for the shell environment idea.
Thanks to Kevin King for his help.

Apache sets extra environment variables when compared to the shell of a
regular user.

One of these environment variables is called:
LDR_CNTRL
Apparently it has something to do with the way AIX handles the memory space.
See:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/javasdk/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.java.doc.user.aix32.60/user/aix_ldr_cntrl_page_sizes.html

Apache seems to set the following when it starts a session:

LDR_CNTRL=MAXDATA=0x80000000

If you set this to "null" in a php script, then Universe will run just fine.

Anyone have any ideas on the proper use of LDR_CNTRL?