Hi folks,

I'm in Unidata 6.1 and I'm trying to find a way to use a multi character
value as a delimiter for a parsing function in an I-desc dict item.  I'm
working with Bartender label data records and I'm trying to parse the
first line on the "/PRN=" value, without the quote marks.  FIELD only
lets me use a single character.

What I have so far in the DICT item is:
001: I
002: F1;FIELD(@1,'PRN=',2);FIELD(@2,'"',2)
003:
004: PRN
005: 15L
006: S

This works great until a capital P is in the label name before the PRN.
Field is taking the first character and ignoring the RN=.  I do NOT want
to make a subroutine if I can avoid it.  I've tried using CHANGE to swap
out PRN= with a single character but apparently that's not an allowed
command in the DICT items.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

BobW