From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of brucemax
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 1:03 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] [OT] - UCC/EAN Concatenated Code 128

I wonder if you got a resolution to this?
I have the exact same problem.
Please advise.
I'm using PrintNet-T software.

Caminiti, Marc wrote:

> I know that this isn't a U2 problem, but was hoping that someout could
> help out here.  I am doing some programming on creating a label for
FedEx
> SmartPost and they need a barcode type UCC/EAN Concatenated Code 128.
> have the programming for the regular UCC/EAN (non-concatenated), but
> cannot figure out how to do a concatenated one.  We are trying to
print it
> to an Eltron/Zebra LP2348 printer.  The problem that I am having with
> FedEx and the label, is that I do not know how to use the FCN1
(Function
> Control Character).
>
> The data that I need to print is 4201610191020523190010000000566.
This is
> what FedEx is telling me .. "I scanned your labels. You are missing
the
> 2nd Function 1 character in the barcode. There should be a function 1
> character both before the application ID of "420", as you have it, and
> also before the application ID of "91"."  When the barcode first
prints
> out, the Function 1 character prints out automatically before the 420,
> tried looking throughout the web and could not find any working code
> tell me what to use for the FCN1.
>
> We currently do Delivery Confirmation with the post office, but do not
use
> the UCC/EAN Concatenated Code 128 barcode.
>
> This is what I have in the now:
>    DELCON.BARCODE = USPS.DEL.CON[1,8]:XXXXX:USPS.DEL.CON[9,22]
>    LABEL<-1> = 'B110,550,0,1E,2,4,150,N,"':DELCON.BARCODE:'"'
>
> What I am looking for is what do put where the XXXXX's are.  I have
tried:
> CHAR(202), CHAR(134), CHAR(27):102, CHAR(102), CHAR(29),
> CHAR(27):CHAR(102),^102,^1,CHAR(27)1
>
> If anyone has a working example of this code, I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Marc

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential information that is legally privileged. The information is solely
for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or other use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail
and delete this message.