From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of
bradley.sch...@usbank.com
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 6:23 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] UniQuery Output to File

And I've found that I need to be in type U for LIST ... TO DELIM to work.
Type P gives "syntax error"  Maybe there's a UDT.OPTION for that?

Brad

From:   Colin Alfke <alfke...@hotmail.com>
To:     <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Date:   06/02/2011 10:42 PM
Sent by:        u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org

I've been using the LIST .... TO DELIM a lot lately. It works reasonably
well although I don't use it for any MV'd data. You can enter a <TAB> as
the delim and it will work. You can even put the full path for the
text_file in the statement otherwise it's created in the current
directory. As Wally says turn on UDT.OPTION 91 although I think dates are
the only thing that really needs it.

hth
Colin Alfke
Calgary Canada

> From: mstrand
>
> > send UniQuery output to a file.
>
> Perhaps LIST TO DELIM?
>
> ------
> TO [DELIM "char"] text_file
>
> Lists records to a UNIX text file. If you use the
> DELIM keyword, UniData places char between each
> attribute in text_file. text_file cannot be strictly
> numeric.
>

> On 6/2/2011 9:43 PM, Bill Haskett wrote:
> > I can't remember how to send UniQuery output to a file. I've looked
all
> > through "Using UniQuery" and the "UniQuery Commands Reference" with no
> > luck.
> >
> > In D3, I could do whatever query I wanted and send it to a file as
> > tab-delimeted, which would remove any headings, footings, breaks,
> > subtotals, etc. I was sure UD could do something like this. When I
tried
> > to send output TOXML, wierd things happened to data that should have
> > been on the same line as other data (it got separated from the line
when
> > I opened the file in Excel). This data was an I-Descriptor (Virtual
> > Attribute) calling a BASIC subroutine.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
> >
> > Bill Haskett

U.S. BANCORP made the following annotations
Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy
laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from
retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this
information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have
received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you
in advance for your cooperation.