On 06/14/11 10:54, shaun.fergu...@ferguson.com wrote:
We are creating a trigger on a file that is used extensively in the
system.  Is it necessary to logoff users when creating an update trigger
on a file or does UniData handle that when updating
the trigger information to the header of the file?  The 'help' does not
specify whether trigger creation requires exclusive access to the file
or not.

I've had no issues setting up triggers on our production system with users logged in.

--
Jeff Butera, Ph.D.
Manager of ERP Systems

"...we must choose between what is right and what is easy..."
                                      Dumbledore