In that case I would never buy any application software from you.
As I see it - I either buy a license for your application and separate ones for the database (U2) and development tools (SB+) or I won't buy from you at all, it's that simple!
No wonder MV is struggling!

On 08/07/2011 07:06, Colin Alfke wrote:
I believe our licences (as a VAR) with Rocket specify that when we sell UniData and SB+
it's "part of" the application and is only licenced to run the application it's
sold with. So it sounds valid, although they may have the option to only sell UD and SB+
support.

Colin

From: meckif

Well, I don't know Eclipse, but the company I currently work for is
running Avante from Epicor.
When the company wanted to cancel the Avante maintenance agreement
Epicor claimed that this would automatically cancel UniData and SB+
support as well.
Avante maintenance was a total waste of money since the original
software has been heavily modified (and even though the changes were
made by Epicor staff fixing their bugs was still chargeable) and by the
time I could prove to Epicor that a fault was a genuine bug I had
already a fix for it anyway.
Of course we have the source code for Avante.
To cut a long story short - we now have UD and SB+ support through
another VAR and don't deal with Epicor anymore.

Mecki