OK boys and girls, here is a weird one!

Last week, one of our programmers was looking for some issues with 2 programs
in Avanté.  All he did with the 1st program (IIREADUL) was add a comment and
recompile the code with the debugger option.  All he did to the 2nd program is
recompile with the debugger on.  For some weird reason, our barcode handheld
users started core dumping!  This was not constantly happening, but was
occurring 5-10 times an hour.  We did not initially hit on the fact that it was
one or both of these programs (debug mode should NOT do this), but after
recompiling them w/o the debugger, the problems disappeared.

Any divine insight as to why having a program compiled with debug on would
cause frequent (but not consistent) code dumps?

HPUX: 11.31
UniData: 7.2.1
SB: 5.4.2

John Israel