Because it is just 2 lines of code anyway so why bother

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Tony Gravagno
Sent: 13 July 2011 23:46
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Record Locks - How long should they last for? (Opinion)

After all of these years, why o why haven't the MV DBMS vendors
created a READUO mechanism which allows us to optimistically lock
records in exactly the way that George, Rex, and a hundred other
app developers have indicated over the last 15 years?

Design tip: For all new development, abstract your file IO and
all OS access into separate functions, Includes, and/or
subroutines, away from the business code.  This way you can
change your datastore interaction without messing with your
application logic, and you can re-use the routines for a lot of
different work.  The application needs to be aware of whether
you're moving forward with a pessimistic or optimistic lock, but
your app code shouldn't have to manage those mechanisms.