On 29/07/11 23:53, Bill Brutzman wrote:
> Thanks to Larry and Wol for writing.
>
> Both ways work to get rid of the red warnings but both ways I still get the
> pesky SQL+ prompt at the end.

That sounds weird. I was wondering why the EXECUTE made the SQL+ prompt
appear, but there's no way a BASIC SELECT should do that?

> I only want to change the Basic SELECT to execute "SELECT..." because this
> technique makes the Rocket BDT IDE red warning flag go away.  When I started
> migrating programs to BDT, I found that changing CLEARSELECT ALL to execute
> "CLEARSELECT ALL" was an easy clean fix to the IDE warnings.

Changing a BASIC statement to a RETRIEVE statement is actually a quite
computer-expensive fix ... you want to *get* *rid* of EXECUTEs, not add
them!

But I can't see how your original code could cause a sql select to
occur, nor can I see why my changes would cause it to occur. If your
original code doesn't cause the sql+ stuff, then I'd simply get rid of
the LIST.2 etc, and change to using a basic select as follows:

SELECT F.ICC to 2

That should get rid of the IDE warning, but I'd also raise a ticket with
ROCKET about the IDE complaining that it wants an integer, when an
integer variable works just as well. And about stuff like your
clearselect ... it really should not be encouraging bad practice like that!

Cheers,
Wol