On 14/09/11 03:44, Bob Wyatt wrote:
> I ran into a client with UniVerse 9.6.2.1 on Windows 2000 Server with SP4.
>
> It looks like uvbackup does some strange things on this system, and I'm
> wondering if someone may have seen this or know how to change it.

Sounds like (and it's quite likely) that uvbackup creates the backup in
a temporary location, and only moves it to the z drive once it
completes. This is normal behaviour for many programs.

Makes sense - avoids trashing the old file until you know the
replacement is sound.

I'd check your universe temporary directory while the backup is running...

Cheers,
Wol