Yes... it is simple... but it may take some time to implement.

Just start to change the input prompts on the U2 side to things like...

   Input Ans
              Ans = upcase(Ans)

  And then recompile.

When I started here at this company some time ago... as programs were
updated... in introduced a new inputting standard...

Square brackets surrounding a user input meant... do not hit enter.
Triangular brackets meant... hit enter.

Thus

  Input Ans.PN, 6
              Ans.PN = upcase(Ans.PN)

All of our part numbers are six digits... Some users enter part numbers on the
keyboard 100 times per day.  While it takes some users some getting used to...
over time, they learn to appreciate how much faster they can get through
screens by pressing one key instead of four keys that is... [X] instead of
<END>.  We still have a maybe two legacy input screens that one dinosaur clings
to...

--Bill