I have  a fairly simple c# .net console application that selects data from a
pick file loads it into a (in memory) data table and then bulk loads it into a
sql table.

The process works fine on a test system but on another system that has the same
pick table but with 20ish indexes (yeah I know) it "locks" up.

The program does a uniobjects read and lockstrategy no locking, the record is
not locked and I wrapped the command in a try catch and no error is returned,
it's just "stuck" at the read command.

I can use ED to read the record the locking table does not show any lock on
that item and using every (with the LIST.READU) doesn't show anything either.

A fellow worker mentioned a index lock but I am not sure why that would cause a
lock in the uniobjects program, I did a test with a pick program reading the
pick file and writing to a unix file and it has no problems, but every time I
run the uniobjects program on this system is "freezes" at different points and
with different items, yet when I run the program on a system where there are
either no indexes and/or no activity the code runs fine.

I may have to modify the program to call the pick subroutine and then read from
the created unix file, but I thought I's ask teethe list first for ideas or
suggestions

thanks

dougc