From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Tony Gravagno
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 6:53 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] [semi-ot] JE Sisk basic book on the eBay

> From: Allen E. Elwood
> Anyone need/want the original JES pick basic book, here's your chance
> to pick it up for a mere $10 spot, give or take a few cents.....

This market could Really use new books that include platform-specific
nuances, communications with different languages and protocols, and
other modern concerns.  But in a market that gets excited about $10
books that are over 20 years old, there's just no incentive for authors
to create the material.  I was in a MV user group meeting a couple years
ago where the consensus was that no one reads documentation anyway so
why bother writing or maintaining it.  WTH?  We've collectively created
the market that we live in, and it's being killed off by the hand of
people who claim to love it so well.  I wrote about the book problem a
few years ago:
nospamNebula-RnD.com/blog/tech/mv/2007/05/mvbooks1.html