I vote for the method (already posted) which will work every time on any MV system, any flavor, any emulation: find the first day of the next month and subtract 1. Messing around with adding 31, 32, etc. will bite you sooner or later (well, it worked at my last job).

Regards,

Charlie Noah
Charles W. Noah Associates
cwn...@comcast.net

<http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlienoah>

The views and opinions expressed herein are my own (Charlie Noah) and do not necessarily reflect the views, positions or policies of any of my former, current or future employers, employees, clients, friends, enemies or anyone else who might take exception to them.