From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Tony Gravagno
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:39 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Trim trailing attributes off records

I know functional code was posted last week so I'm amazed that this thread is
still alive. I'll just add that in D3 we can do this:

matread dimrec from fv,key else null
dynrec =  dimrec
write dynrec on fv,key

Perhaps non-intuitively, the assignment of a dimensioned array to a
non-dimensioned variable not only creates a dynamic array, but automatically
truncates trailing attributes. It's the equivalent to matbuild, which I believe
by default also truncates. I thought the same behaviour was standard in U2,
haven't checked sorry.

(PS : Hey Wil, doesn't it irritate you that your quoted text is usually missing
the first character of every line? You're the only person on the planet that
seems to have this problem. Someone commented on it here a while back. How
about doing something about that? If you quote code it gets corrupted, so
what's the point?)