I recall.

I have this SUBR(..) type field in file A that selects records from file B
to calculate an aggregate.  This works fine when listing file A and showing
the field.  However, if there's an active select list when file A is listed
with this field, the select statement in my SUBR(..) is consuming the
active select list 0 and returning incorrect results.

My subroutine is $BASICTYPE "U" and is selecting records using the lower
case select and selecting to active list #3.  It then processes from list
#3 and returns its result.  I've tried using the RTNLIST and PASSLIST
options on the EXECUTE statements and I get a "Misuse of Reserved Word
'PASSLIST'" or "Misuse of Reserved Word 'RTNLIST'".  I've tried UDTEXECUTE
with no compilation errors but also no improvement on the problem.  I've
even tried MDPERFORM but I get the misuse errors with the RTNLIST and
PASSLIST options.  Oddly enough, removing $BASICTYPE "U" I don't get an
error on MDPERFORM but I can't READNEXT from a numbered select without the
$BASICTYPE "U".

How should I structure this SUBR(..) so that it does not consume list 0
when selecting to list 3?