On 11/01/2012 06:32 PM, David Wolverton wrote:
Is there a need for it?  The UniVerse transition to 64 bit was **SO**
painful that I suspect as long as the 32 bit binaries are performing, they
have little reason to WANT to endure that torture...

Point well taken. My only interest is the need to install various other 32-bit libraries on our RedHat box needed by unidata (and we use intercall, so I need C/C++ for 32 bit, etc). I'd prefer to not have to do this, but it's not a huge problem or maintenance issue.

Our performance is fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Butera
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 5:24 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] Unidata 7.3.x on intel

For Unidata 7.2.x and earlier, Rocket does not have 64-bit builds for intel
(Windows, RedHat).  To be clear - you can install on 64-bit machines (we
have), but the unidata binaries are 32 bit.

Does anyone know if this is the same for 7.3?

It's not a huge issue for us, more curiosity.

--
Jeff Butera, PhD
Associate Director for Applications and Web Services Information Technology