Does anyone know why UniData (v7.2.12) responds differently to the SETPTR command between two different machines? I created a local printer, which I share as "UDGENERIC", that is a generic/text printer to a file. I did this on both machines.

Machine 1 - Windows 2008 R2 fully updated - UniData 77 user Standard Edition.
:version

    Module Name         Version   Licensed

UniData RDBMS............ 7.2     Yes
Connection Pooling....... 7.2     No
Device License........... 7.2     No
NFA...................... 7.2     No
RFS...................... 7.2     No
EDA...................... 7.2     No
7212

:SETPTR 0,146,61,0,0,1,BRIEF,NOEJECT,NOHEAD,DEST UDGENERIC

This command takes exactly 60 seconds to return to ECL.

Machine 2 - Windows 2008 R2 fully updated - UniData 24 user Workgroup Edition.
:version

    Module Name         Version   Licensed

UniData RDBMS............ 7.2     Yes
Connection Pooling....... 7.2     Yes
Device License........... 7.2     Yes
NFA...................... 7.2     No
RFS...................... 7.2     No
7212

:SETPTR 0,146,61,0,0,1,BRIEF,NOEJECT,NOHEAD,DEST UDGENERIC

This command returns to ECL immediately.

Both machines are Dell R210 rack-mount servers. I'm having the "udt.errlog" fill up with messages:

Fri Feb 01 18:19:34 pid=2828 In E:\DataTrust\DTA\BP\BP\_RESET.STANDARDS at line 33 Fri Feb 01 18:19:34 pid=2828 errno=1801: The printer name is invalid.
Fri Feb 01 18:19:56 pid=3696 pid=3696,uid=197875,udtno=2:

...which is caused by one of our subroutines, used everywhere in our application. This error occurs nowhere else where our application is installed, because I execute the above SETPTR command within the LOGIN process at login. I can't execute it on our 77 user machine because logging on will take over a minute!

Any ideas?  Thanks,

Bill Haskett