If you have a COMO running, and you run some *other* process that itself starts
a COMO, it will stomp on the first one :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Wols Lists <antli...@youngman.org.uk>
To: u2-users <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Thu, Apr 25, 2013 1:57 am
Subject: Re: [U2] TCL input and response logging such as COMO

On 24/04/13 22:54, Tom Whitmore wrote:
> Hi,
> Can you provide more information on what you are trying to capture? (edits,
list commands, etc.)  I suspect that you may be able to put security on the
commands you are concerned with and address the problem with less "pain".

> The problem with using the command stack or a COMO is that they are easily
modifiable.  You may want to consider using a Unix "Tee" to capture all output
which isn't as easy to turn off.  Having said that, I'm not a "Unix" expert so
can't offer the command string you should use but I'm sure someone will provide
it.

And if you're supposed to be logging power users, are they the sort of
user who will know about the COMO command? It's not stackable, so if
they have a genuine reason for wanting to use it (eg
programming/debugging), they're going to innocently mess up your logging.

Cheers,
Wol