Daniel,

In the "View from the Top by Andy Youniss", he list the following;

40% of US institutions of higher education
80% of Mexico’s emergency response systems
70% of North America’s largest independent insurance agencies
80% of automobile dealerships in North America
55% of Fortune 100 companies
50% of the top 400 energy-products companies

Except for the Fortune 100 companies, it would seem that the others might be
using packaged software.
A list of these packages might be interesting.

I'm not disputing the numbers but some explanation of how they were calculated
would be nice to know.

I have a vague idea about the auto dealers and higher education but not the
others. I think this illustrates the "I never heard of Pick/multi-value
software" comments we hear a lot of because the database is "hidden" from the
users.

BTW, maybe auto parts and many other wholesalers and retailers should be added
to this list.

Just my 2 cents,

Don Robinson