Thanks Rex

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Rex Gozar
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 1:38 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Signature Capture and use

I'm guessing you are not running a .net GUI frontend application.

We have signature pads connected to our telnet-based Universe system.

(a) We use AccuTerm to fire an exe on the client PC.
(b) The client exe is a .net program with manufacturer's dll's that
communicate with the signature pad.
(c) When the user "OK"s the signature, the client exe sends the
signature bytes to the application server via sockets, then exits.

We had tried to use network shares for (c) but they proved to be
unreliable.

In a future version, I want to create a client exe with a socket
listener built-in and run it like a service. That way, the application
server can use a socket connection directly with the exe (instead of
firing off the exe via AccuTerm).  Theoretically, such an exe could be
used via javascript in a browser-based application too.

rex

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Oaks, Harold <harold.o...@clark.wa.gov>
wrote:
> I'm sure some of you are implementing signature pad capture to a
> Universe system.  What are you using and doing?
> I'd like to look into adding that feature to our jail system.
>
> Thanks-
> Harold Oaks
> Clark County, WA
>
> This e-mail and related attachments and any response may be subject to
public disclosure under state law.