Soooo... like I said, you don't need to install it on the client. If I add a reference to the UODOTNET.dll to the project references it includes the .dll on publish. Every time. Granted, I'm writing in VB not C#, so maybe things are different over there where the cool kids hang out.

Tony Gravagno wrote:
[many paragraphs of stuff snipped for brevity]

Coming back to the original question for a moment, I think Doug might
have wanted to know if you need to install the Client Library on a
client PC just to get the UO DLL. The answer is no, you don't need
that 110MB+ installer just for the one tiny DLL, and the licensing
permits the DLL to be deployed with your solution.

Regards,
Tony Gravagno
Nebula Research and Development
TG@ remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com
Nebula R&D sells mv.NET and other Pick/MultiValue products
worldwide, and provides related development services
http://Nebula-RnD.com/blog
Visit http://PickWiki.com! Contribute!
http://Twitter.com/TonyGravagno
http://groups.google.com/group/mvdbms