From: Anthonys Lists <antli...@youngman.org.uk>
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [U2] SORT reports line length, change right margin?

On 15/07/2013 15:32, randyleesmith wrote:
> It's been a while, nice to be back and working again. :)
>

> I'm on a Universe Database;
>
> I have a proc full of SORT reports.

Bear in mind SORT and LIST are pretty much the same thing ...

> I needed to add new fields, but the size of the line is too small. I'm
> already using landscape mode and don't have enough space.
>
> I have been testing with PCL, but I was wondering if I could just make the
> line longer. Seems to be enough room if I could adjust the right margin.

Could you shrink any field widths? Are there any text fields which often
have wasted space? You can use the FORMAT or FMT (not sure which)
modifier to adjust the field width just for that report rather than
messing around cluttering up the dictionary.

> MARGIN /n/ only changes the left margin.

What margins have been set in SETPTR? I can't remember whether the
default is 0 or 3 (both left and right).

> I never had to deal much with SORT reports in the past, so I though you
> Guru's could help.

Cheers,
Wol