If you use equates (EQUATE ACTION.DATE TO 12) then our XLr8 Eclipse based
system knows that your destination is 12 and is called "ACTION.DATE".   If
you U2 dictionary has 5 references to the position 12, then you will have
to have add a definition file to allow the translation to something other
than 12.   This really is not "Rocket Science".

Regards,
Doug
www.u2logic.com
"XLr8 Tools for the Universe and Unidata"