At 12:36 PM 7/12/2013, Cinda Goff wrote:
Thanks. Hash type 0 is the only hash supported by the vendor but that gives me something to look into.

Keys are all over the place. Lots of files have sequential numeric keys but some of the files affected do have alpha and multi-part keys.

I have seen instances in where the default hash type does not work well and you end up with what you are seeing. (Constant splitting of groups in the overflow) If you are sure your groups are sized to be large enough to hold on average of about 10 records, (stats from guide will give you avg. and smallest & largest record size) then you really need to look into the other hash type and see if it will work better for you. I bet if you run a GROUP.STAT on the file you will see mostly empty groups. This will confirm it is hashing poorly. HASH.TEST will give you some feedback on different sizing & config. but it I would recommend taking a sampled subset of data and using that to copy into modeled tests of differently hashed/sized/configured files and see what works best for you.