On my unidata server, if I loose internet access my telnet sessions crawl due to the server not being able to authenticate smtp and name server lookup. I've been told the having an internal dns will solve this issue ----- Original Message ----- From: <mhilb...@ppcsoftware.com>
To: <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:35 AM
Subject: Re: [U2] [UV] ED PERMISSIONS subroutine

Dianne,
Does your login to telnet sessions also have this same delay? We experienced this problem (with ED and with Login); never fixed it. The company was a multinational that managed user priveleges at an international corporate level, so even though we are in Argentina, supoosedly there was some validation going on at a server in the US or elsewhere. The multinational sold local operations to a local company and the problem went away when we left the corportate network.