From:   Susan Lynch <sly...@fwdco.com>
To:     U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>,
Date:   09/06/2013 12:03 PM
Subject:        Re: [U2] File size (5538816) is not a multiple of block
size(16384).
Sent by:        u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org

Charles,

What I have done in similar situations is stop UniData, open the file in a
hex editor (there are free hex editors on the web - Cygnus has always
worked well for me), and trim back the last block (in your case, the last
1024  bytes), since that block has been damaged.   Then change the modulo
in the first block of the file to what your file would then be, which is
337 (which is hex 0151, so the first 2 bytes of the file would become
5101, since UniData stores the modulo in reverse order).   At that point,
you should be able to start UniData, run guide on the file, do a fixfile
for any damage, resize it (so that things will hash properly, which might
not be true with the modulo you replaced), and then compare the file to
your most recent backup and any audit logs that you have for data
added/changed since that backup to help you find any records that might
have been chopped off at the end of the file.

Not fun, but it should work...

Susan Lynch
F. W. Davison & Company, Inc.