Had someone ask me this question.  They are downsizing their PC's

They have UV currently installed on a Windows Server PC - and each of the PC's
using wintergate to access it.
This server is having some issues, so they want to move UV off of it, and have
it run on one of their "client" PC
Running windows 7.

My thought was that you would install UV on that PC, Then (with the services
off), copy the file structure from
The Server to the PC. Assuming the all the folders are named the same on both
systems for the install. And of
Course remove UV from the Server once all it good.

Should this be all that would be needed?

Will UV function on a Windows 7 PC?
Can it be used as working PC - as well as be a UV server?

Everything I've heard says it should run by itself - but - can it run on a PC
as background service?

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division, EDI Administrator
ggal...@wyanokegroup.com
ph:856.848.9005 Ext 220
The Wyanoke Group
http://www.wyanokegroup.com<http://www.wyanokegroup.com/>