Hi Peter:

When millions of programmers are using a tool like Eclipse, there is always
help on the internet.  Here is what I found:

1) Eclipse for Linux instructions:
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Set+Up+the+Eclipse+IDE+for+Linux
      a) The current release is Kepler
      b) You don't need to install Maven
      c) Make sure you have Java installed first and version 1.7.

2) U2logic's XLr8 Tools plugin instructions:
http://www.u2logic.com/pdfs/XLr8Installation.pdf

3) Email your install id and we will send you a trial license.

Regards,
Doug