From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of mburgun
Sent: Wednesday, 8 January 2014 4:56 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Migrating UniVerse 10.1.20 on HP-UX to UV 11.x on Redhat Linux

Hi,

The general consensus seems to be that when migrating UniVerse across platforms
the best approach is to use UVBACKUP on the old platform and then UVRESTORE on
the target platform and all platform issues are taken care of.
We, however have just attempted this process in migrating UniVerse 10.1.20 on
HP-UX to UV 11.x on Redhat Linux and have come across the following problem ...

UVBACKUP seemed to worked OK (we were able to restore on old platform UVRESTORE
seemed to work OK on target platform

<http://u2-universe-unidata.1073795.n5.nabble.com/file/n42468/uvscreen.png>

In the above screenshot the directory contains UniVerse files but UniVerse
doesn’t recognise them.  UniVerse can’t run in this directory without its
essential database files.  Answering “Y” to the question also won’t work as
UniVerse is unable to initialise the directory while it contains rubbish files
having the same names as the required UniVerse files.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Michael

************** IMPORTANT MESSAGE *****************************
This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information which may be
confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return email,
do not use or
disclose the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your
system. Unless
specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal advice or
commitment by the sender
or the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124) or its subsidiaries.
We can be contacted through our web site: commbank.com.au.
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please
e-mail by typing Unsubscribe in the subject line.