Are you using an ip address or a domain name to connect with in txtHost.Text
?

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Martin Scholl
Sent: 24 January 2014 22:27
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] UO.Net unable to login

I am trying to log into a Unix/linux Universe server with Visual Studio 2010
and UO.Net version 2.2.4.7409.
I am getting ErrorCode 81011: The host name is not valid.

But I can connect with the Extensive Administration tool into the database.
So the connection parameters work.
Here my connection line:
uniSession = UniObjects.OpenSession(txtHost.Text, txtUser.Text,
txtPassword.Text, txtAccount.Text, "uvcs"); With the error this:
"SocketException caught!!!SystemThis is usually a temporary error during
hostname resolution and means that the local server did not receive a
response from an authoritative server[IBM U2][UODOTNET -
UNIRPC][ErrorCode=81011] The host name is not valid, or the host is not
responding Source: UniRPCConnection Class Method: Void
set_Host(System.String)   at IBMU2.UODOTNET.UniRPCConnection.set_Host(String
value)\r\n   at IBMU2.UODOTNET.UniSession.Connect()"
I can connect fine to my own Linux/UniVerse system. But this is at a
client's site. I am stymied.