From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Aaron Titus
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2014 10:15 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] [OT] My XML is Chinese!?!

I suspect I know what is happening, though I can't tell you WHY.

The view source function is using an encoding that doesn't match your actual
file. For example the view source may think its using UTF-16 for some reason,
but since its really using UTF-8 the characters are all mangled.  Its just a
guess.  I would recommend saving the file to disk and the  use another editor
like notepad++ which can tell you what the file encoding is.  This is likely
just a bug in IE 11.

There are so many better editors out there for xml data, I would just use one
of those instead.