Mike,

I do as Vance does. As far as I know Redback properties are similiar to an attribute
in a record in MV, and as such can only contain VM and SVM (2-dimensions) for REDBACK
to handle it through Redback.RedFields.

But as Vance suggests there is a way around it, you just need to create your own
array/string handling. I hardly even use Redback.Redfields any more in ASP and just
SPILT the Redback property into an VB (Script) Array.

Example:

myASPArray = Split(myRedbackObject("MyMVField"),chr(253))

Verus
Set MyRedField = Server.CreateObject("Redback.Redfield")
MyRedField.StringValue = myRedbackObject("MyMVField")

Thanks,

Donald Verhagen                       1690 S Congress Avenue, Suite 210
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Delray Beach, FL 33445  USA
Tandem Staffing Solutions, Inc.  Voice Phone: 561.454.3592
Senior Programmer                      Fax Phone: 561.454.3640

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 9:02:23 AM 02/03/2004 >>>

Mike,

That is what I thought and we are currently converting field marks to pipe
characters.  It seems to work well but since I could not find any
supporting information regarding sending entire records in a given
property, I thought that I would pose the question to the list.

Thanks for your response.

Vance

                      "Mike Randall"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "'U2 Users Discussion List'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      cast.net>                cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  RE: Redback Properties

                      u2-users-bounces@

                      oliver.com

                      02/03/2004 08:54

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      U2 Users

                      Discussion List

Pretty sure Redback will parse on field marks.   I'd suggest converting
them
1st and reconverting them back in your app.

Mike R.