Like another poster on the list, we are looking at controlling a serial
device (a carousel) from a pc. At the moment it runs on a unix box and
we send commands to a fixed tty for the aux port of the dumb terminal.
However the server is being replaced by a w2k server and the Dumb
Terminal by a pc.
We have VB software that has dll's and an api which can control the
carousel attached to a serial port on the pc. What we'd like to do is
send commands to the pc running sbclient from our application that would
call the dll's.
Is it possible to call client side dll's from a universe/SB program and
if so how?
The only way I can think of so far is to just call something like
tu.launch.app and just run a vb program passing parameters in the
command line but this would then have no feedback from the vb app to the
server to say this has been accomplished successfully.

Any ideas?