From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of gerry simpson
Sent: 26 February 2004 16:52
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: odbc client hangs

I have uvpe 10.0.4 and uvodbc 3.7 installed on a w2k server.

I had been able to establish connections to a remote universe installation (
hpux 11 uv 10 ) using  uvodbc through a vpn connection.
somewhere along the line things have gone wrong.

now when i try to connect to the remote server , even just do a test via
odbc config , the client hangs and the cpu usage goes to 100% and stays
there indefinately.
if i try to connect to the local universe server ( same machine ) the
connection goes through but takes much too long and still takes 100% cpu
until the connection is established.

i tried disabling all universe services , uninstalling odbc client ,
rebooting & reinstalling odbc client all to no effect.
I have another w2ks setup which has no problem at all connecting to the same
remote universe installation - this second machine however does not have
universe installed on it.
all uv related dlls I have looked at are the same version on both machines.

turning server log on from both clients shows that the client is hanging
just after the server has responded to the GetInfo request and the server is
left sitting "Reading synchronization token ..." until the client resets the
connection - which happens of course when the client process is
cancelled/killed.

the archive mentions this problem as having been fixed in odbc 3.7

anyone seen this or have any suggestions ?

gerry