silly pc's. this new one requires passwords for telnet to work & since this is my (repeat MY) pc I've never required passwords. Past 4 pc's never had passwords, may have be upgrades from 9.x versions of universe

oh well now to move the data

Rich

Richard A. Wilson wrote:
I'm retiring my old notebook and migrating all to a new toshiba

after install of universe & Uniadmin & start of universe services
-attempt telnet, login prompt occurs and after entry of acct/pwd
 telnet just terminates
-Uniadmin is reporting the rpc error and tells me the acct/pwd is incorrect

I did un-install at&t accelerator software which was causing telnet not to start (kinda related to this weekends msgs about telnet)

I've submitted a case to ibm but as always this is the best place for quick answers

Thanks, Rich

-- Richard A. Wilson Lakeside Systems Smithfield, RI, USA Voice 401-231-3959 Fax 401-231-3943 [EMAIL PROTECTED] www.lakeside-systems.com