Glenn Herbert wrote:

So does this mean it's still a 32-bit app that now runs on RH itanium? Or does this mean its a real 64-bit app....

At 03:17 PM 03/09/2004, you wrote:

I'm sure UV is still a 32-bit app. I doubt there's currently enough interest in a 64-bit version of UV for IBM to invest the money in porting it. Performance of 32-bit apps was notoriously bad on Itanium until Intel and Microsoft released a new 32-bit driver in January. Of course this only helps with 32-bit Windows apps. I would hope they're working on a similar fix for linux.

It didn't occur to me before, but I guess you could also run UV 10.1 on Windows Server 2003 on Itanium. Personally I'd wait to see if Intel comes up with a 32-bit Itanium driver enhancement for linux, or consider Opteron or Intel's new 64-bit version of Xeon as has already been suggested.

-John