From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Mark Eastwood
Sent: 22 March 2004 16:23
To: 'U2 Users Discussion List'
Subject: RE: [UV] Program dying

Tried that...the &PH& entry just stops - no messages.
It has a Record Counter display but 'where' it stops (if it stops) is
random.  There could very well be a problem with the program, but I
can't
see it, I was hoping the Event Entry would point-out the problem.

FYI - Here is some sudo-code...the odd piece of logic (to me) this
program
does is process Lists within Lists (three deep).
EXECUTE "SELECT FILE1 WITH blah..." RTNLIST LIST1
LOOP
  READNEXT ID1 FROM LIST1 ELSE EXIT
  CLEARSELECT LIST2
  EXECUTE 'SELECT FILE2 WITH xxx = "':ID1:'"' RTNLIST LIST2
  LOOP
    READNEXT ID2 FROM LIST2 ELSE EXIT
    CLEARSELECT LIST3
    EXECUTE 'SELECT FILE3 WITH xxx = "':ID2:'"' RTNLIST LIST3
    LOOP
      READNEXT ID3 FROM LIST3 ELSE EXIT
      ...do stuff...
    REPEAT
  REPEAT
REPEAT
END

Thanks again, Mark.

-______________________________________________________

This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain information
that is protected by law as privileged and confidential, and is
transmitted for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the
information contained herein is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender
by telephone or reply e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail
from your computer system.  Thank you.

This transmission is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain private and
confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must not act on
anything disclosed in it, nor must you copy it, modify it, disseminate it in any way,
or show it to anyone. Please e-mail the sender to inform us of the transmission error
or telephone ECA International immediately and delete the e-mail from your information
system.

Telephone numbers for ECA International offices are: Sydney +61 (0)2 9911 7799, Hong
Kong + 852 2121 2388, London +44 (0)20 7351 5000 and New York +1 212 582 2333.