I am running HP-UX 11.00 , Universe version 9.6.1.6 and Uvodbc version 3.7.  I have 17
jobs scheduled in SQLAgent that run 47 DTS packages each night to refresh the data
from my Universe database to my SQL 2000 database.  These jobs are not being modified
and the database layout is not being modified.  Most of the time all of the jobs
complete without any problems.  Periodically, one of the jobs (never more than one)
and not the same job twice in a row, will hang on the SQL server.  The uvosrv process
runs on the Universe server for 4 hours and then logs a message stating:
 'Server shutting down: The client is not responding to keep-alive pings.
Disconnecting!'

The 4 hours matches the inactivity timeout of 240 minutes in the odbc configuration.
The SQL job will run until it is manually canceled.  I then start the process on the
SQL server and it will complete without errors.

I would appreciate any help concerning this situation.

Thanks,

Jay.
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL
OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN
INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT
FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
forwarding, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or
telephone, and delete the original message immediately.
For more information, please visit http://www.bakerlaw.com.
Thank you.