Hi Joe,

Perhaps you could share your actual searches, code and database
structure? Were you searching 20 million records in a single column
table? Multiple "fields (or columns if you insist)" in the Universe
database? What is this PICK you keep talking about? Universe doesn't
have a component named PICK, there is certainly a flavour. That is your
choice to use it, you are not compelled to.

How do we know you are comparing apples with apples? How were your
indexes structured? I haven't seen "Universe Standards" for indexing.
Please elucidate on this as I am obviously ignorant in this area.
Unfortunately your claims are now starting to fluctuate between the
fantastic and the ludicrous. How can you expect to be taken seriously
when you don't provide a sound basis for your argument?

I presume you meant the first database to be Universe? Obviously it must
be as it was the fast one 8-)

Regards

David Logan
Database Administrator