From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Karl L Pearson
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 8:41 AM
To: u2-users
Subject: DATA statement Clearing?

I have a program that takes a printed replenishment order (sent via
smoke and mirrors to a text file on our uniVerse server from remote
sites), parses through it and passes DATA to an Order Entry program
(4580 lines long).

I'm curious if there's a way to clear those data statements up as part
of clean-up in case of an error in the data structure at the remote
site. I.E, there are 3 lines of text for each ordered product. On the
first line, is pricing, so I do a findstr for a $-sign, which allows me
to know I'm on the first of 3 lines for one item. With some of our
clients, the inventory item is on the first line and with others it's on
the 2nd or 3rd line.

My code knows the difference by client number and process correctly,
however on some clients, the inventory item number isn't where it's
supposed to be, causing the order entry program to go into cardiac
arrest. My cleanup then has to undo the locking mechanism (prevents more
than one process at a time), plus release locks, etc.

I need to be able to clear the data statements because they are
currently being passed to the menuing system, which causes the operator
to wonder what's going on and hope nothing bad just happened.

INPUTCLEAR and CLEARSELECT don't work (I thought inputclear would...).

Help?

--
Karl L. Pearson
Director of IT,