From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 14 April 2004 15:34
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: UV to Text Conversion Standard?

I am hopeful someone can offer me some guidance.

I have to move data off of my Universe system and send it to a PC for
inclusion in a Excel Spreadsheet.

Some background:
Source data is alpha/ numeric and contains VM's, SVMs and TM Source data
fields are variable lengths

Requirements:
Output must be fixed length
Output must be importable into Excel (column definitions will be based on a
fixed length map)

My problem:
I think Excel will choke on VMs, SVMs and TM characters. Is there a standard
, ASCII character that I should use to represent them? To further complicate
things, sone of the fields represent data that was input with little (or no
restrictions), ie. any character on the keyboard was considered valid.

Thanks

Jim

This email was checked by MessageLabs SkyScan before entering Microgen.

This email was checked on leaving Microgen for viruses, similar
malicious code and inappropriate content by MessageLabs SkyScan.

DISCLAIMER

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be
privileged.

If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other
person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information.

In the event of any technical difficulty with this email, please
contact the sender or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Microgen Information Management Solutions
http://www.microgen.co.uk