I'm plowing through a project to setup a standard UV-ODBC table and column definition
for our application.

Our application database accounts are setup as PICK flavored accounts.  For ODBC,
we're going to setup a separate account for each application account with file
pointers to the DATA portion of files and cleaned-up local dictionary files.

I've been told by IBM that the "ODBC account must be IDEAL flavor".  I know that isn't
totally true as I have a proof-of-concept system setup where the ODBC account is setup
as PICK flavor.  Like application accounts, is the flavor of the ODBC account simply a
matter of preference?  Or are there "limitations" with ODBC and PICK flavored accounts
that I should be aware of?

Tom Firl
Columbia Ultimate