Dear UAIers,

        on the history of "plausibility-like" measures, it may be
        of interest to see a fascinating piece by Henry Kyburg Jr.
        in SIPTA Newsletter, vol. 1, pp. 2-5, 2003; this issue of
        the newsletter is at
                http://leo.ugr.es/sipta/news/jan2003.ps.gz
        There is a lot of historical information there.

                Cheers,
                        Fabio Cozman