Thanks all for those who replied and gave the reference on various
inference algorithms on QMR-like networks.

I was originally asking for performance of this kind of
singly-connected networks in diagnosis, compared to the networks more
complicated in structure, when they both model the same problem. The
reason I am asking is because we can generate QMR-like networks with
little effort. If in general they can give a satisfible diagnosis
result, we do not have to allocate more effort to discover the
dependency relations to build networks with a more complicated
structure. The answer could be domain-dependent. However, I would like
to see some theoretical analysis, and empirical comparison results in
real applications.

Thansk again,

-Haiqin  Wang
Phantom Works,