I want to point out a characteristic of Bayesian practice that is
implicit in several of the answers to L. Zadeh's question, and can
reconcile several of the responses so far. In short, a Bayesian approach
engages the decision-maker in an interactive "game" that eventually
discovers the decision-choice. From the Bayesian point of view the
question what to do about incomplete information (really an incomplete
model) raises the question, why was the game interrupted just at this
point? Implicit in the Bayesian formulation is that I, the analyst, pick
the questions I want to ask. And the decision maker understands that its
worth participating in the game because they have something riding on
the outcome of their decision.

Rolf Haenni particularly lucid response includes a nice example where he
wrote:

> Let me illustrate this by a simple example. Suppose we know that:
>       1) A implies X
>       2) p(A) = 0.1
> What can be said about X?
>
> What would Bayesians do in such a case?

Well not to be glib, the short answer is, if the decision maker
volunteered this information so far, what impediment is there to her
revealing the rest of her mental model?

We see this investigative flavor of the analysis in some of the other
discussions:

In David Poole's response:
> The captain is just supposed to answer "near" questions. We
> don't ask her theoretical questions, just "are we now near
> land"?...

a further indication of this kind of interaction
in a fragment from Kathryn Blackmond Laskey:
> ...I would be well-advised to consult other
> sources ...

These fragments, admittedly taken out of context, describe an analyst in
an active role, who is engaged in eliciting information and is not
constrained with just using the information at hand.

So, if the Bayesian presumes access to the persons involved in the
decision, then without that access clearly "P is indeterminate", to use
L. Zadeh's term.

Well but, one might ask, what if the analyst is REQUIRED to make a
decision on an incomplete basis? As a Bayesian then I might ask, what
are the rules for this new game? For instance, in the new game does the
unavailability of information imply something about its contents?  Is
there really a decision maker from whom I can elicit the problem or is
she just a hypothetical construct?

Perhaps the game aspect is somewhat tangential to just the question L.
Zadeh proposed.  It is instructive however to anyone who wants to apply
a Bayesian method in a practical setting -- for them to know that a
large part of their day-to-day effort as analyst will be to engage
(interrogate might be a better term) the problem's stakeholders and not
to be constrained to use just the information that comes across their
desk.