CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
                ICML-2003: WASHINGTON, D.C., AUGUST 21-24

EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE: July 27th, 2003

We are pleased to announce that registration is now open for the
Twentieth International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML-2003).
ICML-2003 will be held in Washington, DC from August 21-24, 2003.

The conference website is:  http://www.hpl.hp.com/conferences/icml03/

We have put together an exciting and diverse technical program.
We are especially pleased that ICML-2003 will be co-located with
COLT-2003 and KDD-2003, and will share sessions with KDD.

ICML-2003 will feature the following highlights:

- A technical program including 118 paper presentations.
- Three invited speakers:
       1. Michael Kearns, "Computational Learning Theory: A Retrospective"
       2. Foster Provost, "The Role of Applications in the Science of
                           Machine Learning"
       3. Daphne Koller, "Statistical Learning from Relational Data"
- Four workshops:
       1. Machine Learning Technologies for Autonomous Space Applications
       2. Machine Learning in Bioinformatics
       3. The Continuum from Labeled to Unlabeled Data
       4. Learning from Imbalanced Data Sets
- Four tutorials:
       1. Mining Time Series Data (Faloutsos)
       2. The State of the Art in Language Modeling (Goodman)
       3. Practical Sample Complexity (Langford)
       4. Machine Learning and Genetic Microarrays (Shavlik and Page)
- A special tutorial for students by Marie desJardins, Rob Holte and
  Rob Schapire.
- Two poster sessions allowing participants greater opportunity to
  interact with speakers.
- An afternoon of sessions shared with KDD (an invited speaker and a
  joint technical session).
- A conference banquet at the Caucus Room on Capitol Hill.

For more information, please see the conference website:
    http://www.hpl.hp.com/conferences/icml03/

For a direct link to the registration page:
    http://www.acteva.com/go/icml03

-Tom Fawcett and Nina Mishra
ICML-2003 Program Co-Chairs